Congratulations on moving into your new home! You navigated the real estate process like a champ and now would be the time to celebrate the occasion with a housewarming party, but during the time of Covid 19, maybe not.
But why wait for attendees to bring you gifts? Treat yourself! After all, no one knows exactly what you want for your new space more than you do. So, kick back, relax and start perusing some housewarming gifts to reward yourself for achieving this huge milestone.
Here are five ideas to get you started:
1. Statement wall artIs there a blank space that’s begging for some decoration? Whether your taste is a farmouse clock or a stylish floating frame, opt for a statement piece that will make you smile every time you step into the room. A great way to commemorate where you’re from or where you’ve just moved is a vintage-inspired map.
2. An upgraded bookcaseCreate a Pinterest-worthy reading nook or at least stop storing your books on those beat-up shelves you’ve had since college. Avid reader or not, bookshelves provide storage and give space for personal flair. Between stacks of colorful hardcovers, you can add photos, succulents, pottery or other mementos that speak to your style. To shake things up, swap out a traditional piece for a modern, open bookcase or go DIY with floating shelves for a unique look.
3. Your signature home scentFew things can make a house feel like a home more than the right aromas. If you don’t already have a favorite scent, give this Capri Blue Volcano candle a try. It boasts a sweet citrus scent, and the jar will look great on your coffee table. Prefer essential oils over flames? Upgrade to a hand-blown glass diffuser.
4. The perfect coffee or tea makerWhere is your new favorite place to enjoy your cup-a? Complete the morning with your favorite hot beverage from your new porch, table or the comfort of your couch. Are you a coffee connoisseur? Try an espresso maker or add steamed or frothed milk to your pour-over coffee with an electric milk frother. If you prefer tea, check out a variable temperature tea kettle or an automatic tea maker that allows you to wake up to a fresh cup.
5. That cleaning appliance you REALLY wantWhen buying for yourself, you don’t have to debate the etiquette of gifting a cleaning product. Have you been eyeing a cordless Dyson for years? Do you fantasize about an automatic robot vacuum sweeping up while you head off to work? You’ve got your dream home – now is the perfect time to invest in keeping it clean.
Please consider The Myers Team your resource for all things real estate. We have over 30 years of real estate experience, specializing in the Montgomery County area. If you are refinancing, want a recommendation, need a service provider or just have a home related question, please give me a call at 301-910-9910 or email me at email@example.com.