1. Make an entranceThe entrance to your home is a focal point and a few simple changes can leverage its impact. Sand and repaint your front door or invest in a brand new one. Add some bling with new address numbers, knobs, doorbells or knockers. Frame the door with planters to help complete the picture.
2. Class up your cabinetsYou don’t need to buy new cabinets to give your kitchen a new look. Add a fresh coat of paint, or try out new cabinet hardware (buy knobs and pulls that are the same size as the ones you have to save installation time) for details that give the upgrade an added level of elegance.
3. Make a splashYou don’t need to be a pro to install a new kitchen backsplash. Many home stores offer quick classes, or you can cruise YouTube for “how-to” videos. Customize your kitchen with ceiling tiles, glass or ceramic tiles, wood or stainless steel.
4. Crown yourselfCrown molding around your walls is a simple addition that can add a ton of character. If you don’t have woodworking tools, don’t panic. Home improvement stores can cut strips of molding to your measurements.
5. Look to the little thingsYou’d be surprised at how much of a difference swapping out old switch plates, outlet covers and doorknobs can make.
Finding the right home that’s just right for your family starts with finding the right agent. Please consider The Myers Team your resource for all things real estate. We have over 30 years of real estate experience, specializing in the Montgomery County area. If you are refinancing, want a recommendation, need a service provider or just have a home related question, please give me a call at 301-910-9910 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.