Looking for ways to give back this holiday season? Here are a few ideas.
1. Go for wags and wigglesLocal animal shelters always need an extra hand, whether it's for walking dogs, socializing cats or the critical daily chores required to save homeless pets.
2. Yes you canClear your cabinets of canned food and other non-perishable items – or fill a shopping cart at the store with items to donate – and drop them off at your local food bank.
3. Schmooze with seniorsVolunteer at a local senior center and spend time with an older person who might be feeling especially lonely around the holidays.
4. Give funThe Marine Corp. Toys for Tots Foundation collects gifts for kids from needy families. Donation boxes can often be found at local businesses. You can also consider organizing your own collection. Learn more at www.toysfortots.org.
5. Swing a hammerSanta's not the only one on the rooftops this time of year. The national nonprofit Habitat for Humanity always has projects going. See where you can help in your neighborhood at www.habitat.org.
6. Help the homelessFrom helping to serve a holiday meal at a shelter to assisting with job training, check in with the National Coalition for the Homeless to find out how you can help.
Please consider The Myers Team your resource for all things real estate. We have over 30 years of real estate experience, specializing in the Montgomery County area. If you are refinancing, want a recommendation, need a service provider or just have a home related question, please give me a call at 301-910-9910 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.